Pregnancy Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, August 27, 2010

One Year Anniversary Dinner





















I found this pic on Jason's old cell phone, which now belongs to my pal Megan. She saved a few pics on there for me so that I could later email them to myself. Well, I just got around to doing it today... a few months later. This is a photo of the beautiful *and romantic* sunset during our one-year anniversary dinner at Fish Out of Water Restaurant in Seaside/Water Color, taken March 15, 2009.

I will share a little about our experience at the restaurant. I was working at Sweet Grass Dairy at the time of our vacation. I knew the head chef Phil Krajeck since he always bought cheese from us. I told him ahead of time that Jason and I were coming and told of how excited I was to be able to sample his cuisine.

When Jason and I arrived at the restaurant, a gentleman named Jay welcomed us. Before I even told him my name, he asked, "Are you Mrs. Beggs?" That caught me off guard a bit, but I just figured that the restaurant crew was on top of their reservation list. Jay then preceded to ask me and Jason if it was okay for us NOT to order off the regular menu... because Chef Phil wanted to cook several courses for us as he pleased. How were we to turn down this offer? We agreed to this wonderful request. We were seated and greeted by our waitor.

After sitting at the table (window front... beautiful, large window front, might I add) for only a few minutes, lo and behold, Chef Phil came walking around the corner! I was so pleased to see him because I know how busy restaurant kitchens can be. Phil was very welcoming and pleased to have us, especially on mine and Jason's one year anniversary. He could only chat for a couple of minutes before he had to get back in there to work his culinary magic.

And magic it was! Course after course after course, all things local, organic, fresh, and delicious! It was really neat to watch Jason enjoy this type of food. It was his first time in a restaurant like this. (Not to boast, but I have had a little more experience with great restaurants due to traveling and dining while working for Sweet Grass Dairy.) It has been over a year since we were there, and I hope to get to dine there again soon. Next time, I won't tell Chef Phil that we're coming. Jason and I felt like royalty the whole three hours we were there. I made sure to send Phil and crew a thank you letter once I got back home. I felt so undeserving. Jason and I will never forget that experience. (Apparently not, since I'm just now writing about it over a year later!) THANKS, CHEF PHIL!

No comments:

Embarrassing, but I'm sharing anyway...

Click HERE to watch me on WCTV May 24th, 2010. "Two Weeks and No Leads In Thomasville Murder"

My Celebrity Look Alike

Friend Snow Fight 2009

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Sweet Grass Dairy (and ME) in the Local News

Happily Ever After

Bobble Head Lulu

Create Your OwnPowered by Oddcast

Bobble Head Jason

Create Your OwnPowered by Oddcast